1/9/17

Taylored Expressions January Release - Wish Big!

Hi and thanks for stopping! After taking a little break I am starting off the year with sneak peeks at Taylored Expressions January Release. It was fun to play with some spring colors and products!


My first card features the new Wish Big Stamp & Die Combo. I started by creating the background by using the new Stitched Cloud Duo to cut cloud directly into the card front. Then I added a hill of grass at the bottom with the Building a Scene - Rolling Hills die. I cut the hill from Sugar Cube Card Stock and sponged on Distress Ink in Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Ink. 


I stamped the "Wish" on vellum with Sugar Cube Ink and embossed with white embossing powder. On the back side of the vellum I colored with Copic Markers. The card is finished off with Snow Flurries Sequins. 




For my second card I am using the Hello Script Die and the Bloomin' Birthday Stamp & Die Combo.


I decided to create the background with some pretty, spring colors that would look good with gold accents. I used watercolor paper  and Distress Inks in Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey, and Squeezed Lemonade. After blending the colors I misted the paper with water and splattered white paint. 


Next I used the Bloomin' Birthday Stamp & Die Set and stamped the flowers and stems and die cut the flowers. I cut the sentiment with the Hello Script Die, once from card stock and once from a light weight chipboard, and adhered the two layer together. 

7 comments:

  1. I'm in love with the "Wish Big" stamp and die combo set!! Super cute! Love your cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Wish big card. It really caught my eye on the colors, the clouds and sequins. The awesome land.. I love this card. The flower card is so pretty. Love the spring feel and colors. Both beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are so awesome. I just want to roll down the hill like a kid in your Wish Big card, lol. Love the colors too! And your Hello card is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable....love the one with the clouds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super job onthe cards Melody! Love the little scene with the cute clouds and the fun balloons. The colors and sequins are the best :) The flower one is very pretty. I like the background and pretty colors!!

    ReplyDelete