12/16/13

December Creative Challenge


Thanks for stopping by for MFT's December Creative Challenge. This month's challenge is to Make it a Banner Year! Ring the new year in with style with a home decor piece that takes a room from drab to fab. Get a head start on Valentine's Day, a birthday party, or create a banner for another upcoming occasion or theme. 

Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all the designers who have a project to share with you today. 


I have been wanting to make a banner for my studio since I moved into it!! The challenge was just what I needed to get it done!  The banner hangs at the top of my bulletin board. 

The individual banners are cut with the Jumbo Banner Day STAX Die-namics. I added a doily to each banner using the smaller die in the Dainty Doily Duo

I also went through my stash and collected some embellishments and metal accents I might want to use.


At each corner I added a flower and leaves with the Large Hybrid Heirloom Rose and Layered Leaves Die-namics.

Any patterned papers I used are from Crate Paper DIY. I also used MFT Card Stock, corrugated papers, and burlap. I love a lot texture!


The circles in the center of the doilies are cut with the Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics. 

On the banner with the "R" I used canvas stamped in Black Licorice Ink, using the script stamp from the Art Expression Text Stamp Set for the background. 

On the banner with the "E" I created the background with the Checkerboard Stencil and Light Molding Paste. 


I used one of the dies in the Sew Nifty Die-namics to cut  the mannequin from a light weight chipboard and embossed it with embossing enamel. 


Here I added the hexagon pattern with the Mini Chicken Wire Die-namics. 

All  the letter are cut once from chipboard an once from card stock. After I adhered the pieces together I added a coat of Sheer Sparkle Glitter Glaze

Here are the products I used on my project: 


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Photobucket
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. it's gorgeous, Melody, so many beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is just gorgeous Melody!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Love all the crafty details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Melody! You still have my home address for sending me gifts, right? :) Luv ya! XO, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Melody - love the basic formula for your banner + all the fantastic little details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Absolutely stunning! Love all the elements!

    ReplyDelete