5/12/10

May's MFT Greatest HIts

We are pulling out those stamps again this month that have not been inked up for awhile. For this month's MFT Greatest Hits we are working with stamps by Stephanie Fizer. If you would like to see all the designer sharing projects with Fizer's CUTE stamps, go on over to Kim's blog at 11:00 am EST.

You can find all the Stephanie Fizer stamp sets here - Good only on Thursday and Friday of this week, 15% off Fizer sets. The code is FIZER.


My sweet card uses Nite Nite Ellie. I really wanted to used moons and stars for my project, but didn't have paper with either, which is hard to believe since I have a serious addiction to paper! Well, this gave me the opportunity to play along with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club Challenge this week, customizing your accents to match the overall feel of your project.

To give the warm, feel of a cozy blanket, I made a quilted background by cutting squares of three different papers and stitching them together. Ellie is colored with Copics and her PJ's are paper pieced.
First to add in some stars, I stamped the small stars on the DP in Memento Rich Cocoa. To make them twinkle, I used a glue pen and added a little glitter to each star. You can see the twinkle better in person. Then to make my moon, I cut a felt circle using a circle nestibility and MFT's new My Favorite Felt. Once I had cut the circle, I lay the same circle die in the middle of the first circle and ran it through my Cuttlebug to give the moon shape.

Then I just added a ribbon from the MFT Royalty Collection and charm tied on with twine.

One the inside I added a few quilt squares and an another moon. I am loving my new felt!

Thanks for stopping by,
Melody

DP: Girls Paperie

19 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Melody,i love your image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stinkin' SWEET, Melody! Love that paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this ever adorable! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love all the details! The felt moon and the star charm are fab! That paper is so perfect for pj's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO pretty. YOU are SO amazing, Melody.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous Melody! I love the quilted blanket feel you created for this card! the pj's are super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is SO sweet!! Fabulous as usual, Melody! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so darling!! the quilt of papers is awesome (sweet pj's too!) and i love the moon & stars!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beeeeeautiful, Melody! Just as sweet as can be. Love the quilt effect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! I love the moon you used! Darling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Melody! I LOVE the quilted background, the paper pieced jammies and the felt moon. Every detail fits together so well.
    Hugs and smiles
    Beate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just precious -- makes me want to snuggle up with my little one! Love the quilted background and the felt moon. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! I love her jammies. And that paper...oh...sigh...love! But felt...really? Felt? {snort giggle}! Cant' wait until the 29th! woohooo shopping here we come! But no felt! {giggle}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is just too adorable. Love the paper piecing, and the blanket quilt is over the top. Love it! Your talent goes on, and on, and on.

    ReplyDelete