4/3/10

MFTeaser Day 2 Two New MFT Characters!

Welcome to Day 2 of the MFTeasers! Kim has out done herself this month and is introducing two new characters, Fred Bear and Millie the Mouse! Be sure to check Kim's blog at 11:00 am EST for the list of designers sharing projects today.

Today I chose to work with Fred Bear Graduates. I actually have a number of graduations coming up. I made this card for my niece Katie, who is graduating from high school in June. Her school colors included purple so I added some purple to his cap and gown!

Fred is colored with copics and cut out with nestibilities. I added rhinestones the cap and gown, black gel pen to his nose and ears, and I paper pieced the diploma and sponged on a little distress ink.

I sewed around the edges, added a border punch, and gingham ribbon. The sentiment is included in the set. A crocheted flowers finishes off my card.

Here is a look at the inside. I stamped, colored, and cut out the bear's face.

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Easter to all of you!!! Be sure to stop by tomorrow. I have a darling new Pure Innocence stamp to share!

Melody

DP Basic Grey
Ink Memento Black, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink in Tea Dye


13 comments:

  1. OMG, what a lovely card! I love those papers with the black! And your colouring is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody, your card is darling! Love your coloring and layout. It looks wonderful inside and out!
    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melody, this is absolutley adorable!!! LOVE the added purple....it makes everything just pop!!! GREAT CARD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too sweet, Melody! LOVE the color combo you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Melody! Your embellishments are always perfect and I just love the purple! Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Melody! This is adorable! I love this little bear all decked out with purple accents -that cute flower and scallops are PERFECTION! Happy Easter to you, michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful...those colors are FABULOUS, and I love all those big scallops!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Melody. Awesome also comes to mind as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, I love the purple. I love Fred's head on the inside too--GREAT little detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, cute, cute!! I love his little head on the inside!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did I miss this yesterday? It is SO stunning! I love love LOVE the colours & the way you did that sweet face on the inside--with the scallop. DROOL. I wanna case this layout like MAD! :O)

    ReplyDelete