4/14/10

MFT Greatest Hits

Sorry I have been so quiet here for the past week. I have been working on my very last Dirty Dozen Gallery! Those six months went so fast and I have enjoyed every minute of it! It has been such an honor to be a "Dirty Girl"!

If you are like me you have stamp sets in your stash that you really LOVE but that haven't seen any ink lately! Today some the MFT design team is pulling some of those stamps and sharing their projects. If you would like to see all the MFT Greatest Hits go to Kim's blog a 11:00 am to see the list of designers playing today.

So I pulled out my WTG set "Hanging With My Peeps". I like this set because the sentiments make it perfect for so many occasions! She is colored with copics and her jacket and dress are paper pieced. I used Prism Pencils for the grass.

The sketch is Jen's SFYTT and the DP is my new October Afternoon paper. My use of kraft is inspired by Joanne! I love how it looks on her cards. I added machine stitching, a little distress ink to the edges, lace, ribbon, a button, and a sentiment from the set.

Here is the inside of my card. I used a sentiment for the set Who's That Birthday Girl.

Thanks for stopping by!

Melody

24 comments:

  1. awesome card Melody love the color combo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That OA paper is yummy! I love your added grass to the image. I will have to try that the next time I use that image. Beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Melody! I LOVE that paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel, this is beautiful! I love your style--you're so original!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My word is that ever sweet Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and super duper papers which go so well with the image.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card! I love the colours and how you've used the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is seriously frame-able! Oh my gosh, I love this card! You have such a way w/ putting all the details together and making it look absolutely fantastic! Thus the reason why you're a dirty girl! ;)

    Can you teach me your techniques?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous, Melody -- truly scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous! there is so much eye candy to take in all at once- every detail is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful, Melody!! LOVE that paper with the kraft! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! LOVE the paper pieced outfit! Your last DD gallery??? Already?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. perfect papers for a perfect card! so glad I got to hang with you in the DD gallery for at least this month! Everyone keeps telling me this time flies!!! It does seem like yesterday I was saying congrats to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Melody...love the papers you chose, so soft and lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable.. I just love your style.. Great job.. I will miss you in the dirt pile...but will see you around blogland and SCS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What great use of your papers...and that teeny tiny little bird! I know - doesn't the six months go so fast?

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG Melody, this is perfection! That images just pops from this card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Card Melanie and CONGRATS for TOTALLY being the DIRTIEST DIRTY GIRL!!!!! LOL I LOVED seeing you SHINE and SHINE YOU DID!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another fabbie card! Love this image! Where oh where did you get the new October Afternoon papers? Did you find the 8x8 pads?

    Congrats on your dirty gril status. I know it was a lot of work, but well worth it! I am so happy to get to see so many of your creations in person!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is one of my fav sets and I love how you paper pieced her dress and jacket.

    ReplyDelete