4/29/10

INTRODUCING.................


We are all very excited to be introducing a new product by My Favorite Things, Die Cuts!! The first release will include three new die cuts, Jumbo Scallops, Scalloped Scallops, and CLOUDS!! You will be able to purchase them on Wednesday, May 5th!

Be sure to stop by Kim's Blog after 11:00 am to see the list of all the designers who are will be sharing projects with this new product today!

For my card today I used the Clouds and the Jumbo Scallop die cuts and the stamp set, Boy & Dog - Tree Swing. I colored the image with Copics and sponged the background with distressing ink. Then I made my clouds!

I used felt for my clouds. This is just felt I picked up at Michaels. Kim is going to be carrying wool craft felt that I can't wait to get my hands on! I found that if I add a piece of copier weight paper on top of my felt the die cuts easier through the felt.

So here is my cutting stack on my Cuttlebug. Plate A, Plate B, felt, die cut, copier paper, plate C. It cuts clean and easily!

Here is a close-up of my clouds. I added a little sun peaking above the clouds. Then added machine stitching, ribbon, a button, and a sentiment for the set finish it off.

Next I used the Jumbo Scallop to cut the border at the bottom of my card.

If you line up the die cut with the edge of the paper you know it will be straight and you lose very little paper. My cutting stack here is plate A, plate B, paper, die cut, and plate C.

Here is the inside of my card using the Clouds and Jumbo Scallops again. So quick and easy, I love it!!

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to stop by tomorrow. MFT May Teasers begin and I will have more ways to use the new die cuts!

Melody

22 comments:

  1. love this Melody, those felt clouds are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Melody! I really must pay more attention to the inside of my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest thing!!! LOVE your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love those colours and the clouds and scallops are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh-yeah! this news just makes me happy!!! love your card-those clouds make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too stinkin' cute!!! Love the felt idea for the clouds! Adorable card! Love the inside detail too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card Melody...great pictures too! Those clouds are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That card is too stinking cute. Thanks for the pictures of how you set up your Cuttlebug.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this card! I can't wait to get my hands on the new dies! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card! I love your felt clouds.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Couldn't be sweeter! The way you did the sun peeking out of the clouds is simply brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card Melody,i love your image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers and details.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE it!! Those clouds are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute--inside AND out!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowee, is this ever cute!! I love your patterns/colors...and the clouds, of course! Fabulous, Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable card and love the felt clouds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so cute! i love your clouds & scallops! thanks for the great pics & steps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like being able to use materials other than paper with the dies.

    ReplyDelete