7/19/09

Celebrate MFT Customer Blog Hop

My Favorite Things has decided to start a Customer Blog hop each month - to recognize some outstanding contributions using My Favorite Things stamps. The natural time to do it seemed to be Celebrate MFT Day on the 20th of each month! Each month, between five and eight stampers will be invited to the Celebrate MFT Blog Hop – and the participants will be a secret until the day of the party!

So you can imagine my excitement when Joanne sent me an email asking me to included in the first group. I have had a smile on my face all week! If you just happened upon my blog, and want to start at the beginning, the hop is kicked off by Joanne!

One of my niece's is having a birthday this month and I want to get a little something off in the mail to her. So I pulled out my MFT set "The Poppies". This is just the cutest set! I stamped up two of the three little rockers and used one of the MFT 16 ounce squared jars.


For the card I used the drummer and stamped the cute skull on the middle of the drum. She is colored in Copics and I added a few rhinestones to her drum set and the bow. The pink section is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. After glueing down my layout I added some zig zag and straight stitching with my sewing machine. I added the sentiment, some polka dot ribbon, and some eyelet lace. Then I punched out some of the circles from the DP and popped them up.



A while back I had ordered this square 16oz square jar from My Favorite things. I can think of so many used for these cute jars! I used the second image I had colored and used my nestibilities to cut out the circle. The are lime green Stickles on her dress. Then I cut a band from the DP to go around the jar and added some matching ribbon. Then I decorated the top of the jar.

Here is a closer look at the top. Again I used my nestibilities to cut the circles and my punches to punch out the skull.

To continue on hop on over the Bonnie's blog, another talented MFT stamper!

If you would like to show your MFT Team Spirit and participate in Celebrate MFT Day upload your My Favorite Things stamped creation to the Splitcoast Gallery today using the keyword "CelebrateMFT0709". And remember that the entries to the weekly and monthly challenges on the MFT Member Company Forum might just earn you your invitation to next month's customer blog hop!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I am very excited to part of my first hop!
Melody

Ingredients:
Stamps: MFT The Poppies
Ink: Memento Black
Paper: DP Bo Bunny, SU Black, Pretty in Pink, MFT Perfect Panels
Other: Copics, Nestibilites, Cuttlebug folder, Ribbon, Rhinestones, Eyelet, Punches, Sewing Machine

27 comments:

  1. FABulous!!! wow! love that paper, you colored the images perfectly. great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody this is adorable!! I love these poppies but I don't own them yet, that really needs to change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling!! You did such a wonderful job. It's just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OmGosh this totally RoCkS!!! I love the colors, stitching, everything- fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME, Melody!!! Totally cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so darling and fun, congrats on being in the first customer hop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just simply adorable! Congrats on being selected this month! I think you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible projects Melody! I just adore this set you used and your papers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melody in da howwwws!!!! That TOTALLY ROCKS.... YOU are always SO amazing with your creations!!!!! EXCELLENT WORK MY FRIEND and CONGRATS on being in a customer blog.... I had no idea that was going on....TOO COOL, you SO deserve it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW! That is REALLY cute! I just LOVE what you did with the Poppies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOOOOOVE your projects!!!! I was just eyeing my doodle bops today!! great colors, and the jar is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, these are both totally awesome. LOVE the images! Very creative and fun! Super job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowww Melody,what beautiful,l love the images and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a super cute set of projects!! I love that paper!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Love the fun paper!!! Love how you colored the images too! All around awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally love your project!!!! You have such an eye for creativity and elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Melody,this is fabulous. I'm so thrilled to see you as the first customer blog hopper, you deserve it.
    again, this is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Melody, this is FANTASTIC!! I love the colors, all the fun details -- it's really great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Melody, I absolutely love your creations! You Rock Girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Melody - This is just precious! My 12 year old DD would love it! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a stunning gift set! Love the sassy rockstar and the patterned papers you used are to die for! Loooovvvveee it! TFS!

    Alma =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous card and project! Love the images and your layout and the great paper and super embellishments! Outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Every time I see this set used, I wonder why I haven't bought it yet. Your creations are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Totally awesome card and ROCKin' candy holder.

    M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

    ReplyDelete