3/16/09

Celebrate MFT Idol Top Ten

This is my project for Week One of the MFT Idol. Much to my surprise I made it into the Top 10! There were so many wonderful entries. The theme this week is Celebration, show how happy you are to be in the Top 10. So after racking my brain for days, I used the MFT Meet Me at the Cafe for my project. What would a celebration be without a pretty party invitation, a toast for the occasion, and maybe even a party favor! Be sure to hop on over to Splitcoaststampers in the MFT forum to vote for your favorite! You have from 10:00 pm EST tonight to 10:00 pm EST on Wednesday to cast your vote.

My Celebration set includes an invitation, a bottle gift holder, and a party favor box. I used DP from October Afternoon to set my color theme. One of the things I just love about MFT stamps is that you that you can take them so many different directions, from elegant to whimsical, and for so many different age groups, from young adults to Grandmothers!

This is my invitation to the party. The dress and skirt are paper pieced. I colored with Copics. I added velvet rick rack and some MFT ribbon. The edges are distressed with Tim Holtz Distressing Ink in Tea Dye. The awning is cut from a piece of flocked paper. I inked up my Cuttlebug folder before embossing.

Here is the inside of my invitation. I glass stamp is from MFT Time of Bubbly.

I have had this bottle gift holder is my stash for awhile and decided to give it a try. I covered with DP from October Afternoon and did all the distress with Tea Dye distressing ink. I stamped the MFT image and cut in half. I used the SU scallop punch for my edging and added more black velvet rick rack. The I stamped "CELEBRATE" with the Bling "bet and added lots of rhinestones.



I also made a party favor box with some extra DP. Thanks so much for stopping by! I feel very honored to be in the Top Ten! Remember to stop by Splitcoaststampers and vote for your favorite.

Melody

Ingredients:
MFT Meet Me at the Cafe, Bling 'bet, Time for Bubbly
Memento Black, SU Old Olive, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink in Tea Dye
DP October Afternoon, SU Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Blue is Bazill
Velvet rick rack, brads, MFT ribbon, copics, cuttlebug, punches






15 comments:

  1. This is just so pretty Melody! Amazing job! I'm especially fond of the wine bottle holder! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It looks like it took you hours to make it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not surprised you made it in the top ten. This is a fabulous project and your colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. W-O-W!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder you are in the top 10...this is a winner, for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, very cute! You did a fantastic job. Love everything about the party set you made!
    Sandy O
    www.papertransformer.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, love the blue/green/black color combo. My most favorite thing is the black swirly on the roof of the cafe on the invitation. LOVED that and stared at it for a while. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects! I love what you did with everything! WOW!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your project - Looks like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your ensemble!!! What great projects! Looks like you put a lot of time into it! Great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT job on this!!! Congrats on making it to the top 10!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Wonderful! Congrats on making it to the top 10!!!! That is really really great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous ensemble! I love everything you made...especially that beautiful card! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful projects! Congrats on being in the top 10!!! I love the set, and the awning on the card front is awesome!

    ReplyDelete